Tuesday 11 June 2019

SUMMER MAKES PERFECT!


Summer can be the perfect occasion to improve your English! You have more free time and you can use some of it to practise and  improve your English.

These are our plans to improve our English this summer.

"During this summer I'd like to improve my English, but I can't travel abroad, so I'll do it some other way. For example, I'm going to read articles and posts online and to watch videos in English. I'd also like to read books in English. I've never done it but I want to try. "  (Jaco)


"I don't really know how to improve my English this summer. I don't think I will do grammar exercises or similar things (like translations or answering questions). But I'm sure I'm going to to keep in contact with the language listening to music, speaking with people from other countries and, maybe, travelling." (Cristiano)

"I thought this summer I could spend some of my free time to improve my English. I need to study grammar and to improve my writing skills, but I think I will also watch films in the original language with subtitles, listen to songs learning new vocabulary from the lyrics."  (Florence)

"This summer I'm going to use a significant part of my spare time to improve my English. The way I want to do it is to keep watching TV series with subtitles, which I've been doing for a while,  and listening to music. I will also try to watch the Youtube content I usually watch in Italian in English , instead. So, if I want to watch a video about something in particular I will search for it in English." (Corrado)

"This summer I'll have a lot of free time, so I'm going to improve my skills in English. The best ways to do it are to listen to materials in English: podcasts, videos, songs, films, videos, tv series. I like reading a lot, so I'll try to read books in English. My favourite books are the Harry Potter saga. So I think I'll start reading Harry Potter's adventures in English." (Giacomo)

"I think I'll have to work a lot to improve my English, so summer will be the perfect occasion. There are a lot of things I can do: reading books or magazines, watching movies, listening to music and travelling. First thing I will do is to watch Netflix series in English with English subtitles." (Lorenzo T.)

What I find more difficult in learning English is to understand what is said or asked, that why I think I should work on listening and speaking this summer. I'll watch and listen to English materials as often as I can. But I also need to improve grammar! So, I don't think I'll become excellent in one summer, but I'm sure that's a good moment to start working on it. (Valentina)

This summer I'll have a lot of time to watch TV series or movies with subtitles, as well as to play videogames in English. I'd like to travel abroad to improve my English. If I had the opportunity to go to England, I'm sure I'd improve my English faster and more easily. (Leonardo)


No comments:

Post a Comment