Sunday 13 November 2016

HOW WE LEARN ENGLISH




Hi guys! We all know that English is the international language today, spoken all over the world. It’s essential to learn it and learn it properly. So, since we have to do that, let’s do it with cheerfulness and fun.  What do we do in our classes? For example, we  write posts and create video materials for our blog!
(Matteo, 3scB)

Benedetta
I often have a dictionary at hand, printed or online, to look up new vocabulary. Then, I started reading a great English magazine lately, Speak Up, which includes lots of audio materials. So reading + listening.
(Benedetta, 3scA)

How do I study English? I still don’t know! Joking :D When I started high school I wasn’t very good because I didn’t like listening. Then I discovered that if I really wanted to improve I had to listen to more English materials.
(Nicolรฒ, 3scB)

If I had to choose between reading/writing or speaking/listening, I would probably choose the first. In my opinion, it is easier to remember rules and words when I write them.
(Denis, 3scA)

Personally, I love practising English with fun activities like watching movies in English with subtitles, listening to English songs and reading English books or comics. So, that’s what I do.
(Francesco, 3scB)




I prefer listening to music. It is the easiest and most pleasant way to learn new words and their pronunciation.
(Andrea, 3scA)

Alessandro S.
The most important thing you can do is … speaking, speaking, speaking! It’s helpful and when you go to England you will be able to talk and make new friends.
(Alessandro S., 3scB)

How to learn English? This is a good question. Many students try to discover what the best way is. I just do what my teacher assigns as homework. Just as simple as that!
(Elisa, 3scA)

Many people think that grammar and vocabulary are unuseful and boring. They ARE boring, but certainly not unnecessary. If you are not good at grammar and vocabulary you can’t understand nor make you understood. So you’d better study them!
(Lorenzo N., 3scB)

Giovanni Benito
Which skill is more important than others in a foreign language? I think speaking and listening. However, reading and writing are also important to us to gain real competence.
(Giovanni Benito, 3scA)

Grammar is very boring and it is the least useful thing. You could know thousands of grammar rules but if you can’t speak, they are completely useless.
(Federica, 3scB)

How to learn English? I think motivation, commitment and fun are the key words!
(Rosita, 3scA)

Rosita
English is my favourite subject at school so I love learning this beautiful language. I think the best way to do it is to listen to a lot of different types of materials, such as movies with subtitles or songs.
(Karina, 3scB)

My tips? Watch subtitled movies, read English magazines, use computer or smartphone apps in English, play videogames in English.
(Simone, 3scA)

To learn English I do everything my teacher suggests us to do, from studying grammar to doing grammar exercises, from reading magazines to listening to audio materials but, more importantly, I speak, speak, speak!  What do I think about all that? That all is grist for the mill!
(Maria Adele, 3scB)

Ludovica
Last summer I went to London and I attended a language course for 2 weeks. It was the most beautiful experience in my life!
(Chiara, 3scB)

At school our English teacher suggested us many activities. Of course, we study grammar and translate from Italian to English or vice-versa, but we have also been learning English in different fun ways: listening to songs, reading magazines, watching movies or  writing a secret journal are some of them. And now, we have our own blog!
(Ludovica, 3scA)

Eugenio
The most important skill is speaking, I think. Grammar? Yeah, that’s important and is what I’m best at but without fluency in speaking it is nothing.
(Martina, 3scB)

I think school homework is one of the best ways to learn a foreign language but you should do it every day, not only the day before your tests or exams. If you persist, you’ll see improvement after a few months.
(Eugenio, 3scB)

Camilla
To learn a foreign language vocabulary and grammar are essential. You can learn English only by watching TV or reading texts but without grammar, you will always lack a solid basis.
(Alex P., 3scA)

I think that each student must find his/her own way to study and learn. I’ve always had problems with English,  but I’ve only written and studied grammar so far. I’m in this new school now, in a new class and with a new teacher and I’m sure I’ll improve because we speak a lot!
(Alice, 3scB)

Not my words but I really like this quotation: "To learn a language is to have one more window from which to look at the world"
(Camilla, 3scA)

10 comments:

  1. I guess mentioning video games brought me in the list, am I right?๐Ÿ˜…
    What a great selection of tips, I guess people could find them really useful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Simone, in my black list! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Joking, of course. Everything can help if in English!

      Delete
  2. They are true pearls of wisdom๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is grammar really that boring, Federica??? Not in my lessons, though ๐Ÿ˜œ

      Delete
    2. I know, Martina. That's peculiar, unusual indeed ;-) But you must improve listening & speaking. You already are but ... practice makes perfect!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful ideas everyone! I hope I will be able to speak English better a day ๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  4. The core of English vocabulary is not hard for learning Only be practical to understand the whole system

    English Essay Writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, We all know that English is the international language today, spoken all over the world. It’s essential to learn and speak it properly. Speaking English fluently isn't the same as knowing perfect English grammar - even native English-speakers make grammar mistakes! Fluency is about being able to communicate. You have the confidence to speak in a language you are not fluent in. Some days before I got a blog 10 tips for speak fluent english. Really these steps helps me. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete