Saturday 27 February 2021

MEMORIES FROM MY CHILDHOOD: THE BAND

 


Hello guys! Today I’ll unlock one of my childhood memories for you. Ready? Last night I was surfing the Net and checking my social media when I bumped into a few videos from a TV series I used to see as a child,  like many other children at that time. 

The series was called The Band and it is no longer produced but it marked my childhood so much that I still remember all the songs and jingles. The  protagonists were 6 guys who had formed a band and rehearsed in a garage and that is why they had called themselves “The Garages”.  Each them played a different instrument, one the piano, one the bass, one the drums and so on. They played songs that were always about their lives.  I was hooked by their stories and their songs, I was only  9 or 10 years old and I saw those guys who were about 17 who were carefree and totally dedicated themselves to music.

 I saw it every night and every night it seemed that the stakes were getting shorter.  I also saw the reruns many times, I didn’t mind if I had already seen those episodes, and then I talked about them at school with my classmates.  I  can say that it marked my childhood and re-watching their videos last night was a pleasant surprise and they made me laugh a lot.

 


 

The texts and dialogues are in Italian, of course,  the videos are still cool to see and the songs are lively and cheerful to listen to.  Teenager or child, that makes no difference: either you will like it instantly or you will have wonderful memories of those evenings spent watching them back then.

My favorite song is called "Voglia d’estate" and is still relevant today.

Ho mille compiti da fare

I have a thousand things to do

Ho in testa solo di suonare

But I can only think of playing

E ci si mette anche mia mamma con i suoi ti vuoi applicare

And then mum comes with her “but don’t you have to study?”

La Prof mi vuole interrogare

My teacher wants to test me

E ho tre versioni da finire

And I have three translations to finish

Ma ho in mente questo ritornello che ti voglio dedicare

But what I have in mind is this refrain I want to dedicate to you

Voglia di mare di sole d’estate

I wish for the seaside the sun the summer

Voglia di uscire a far quattro risate

I wish to go out and have a laugh

Voglia di stare con la mia band

I wish to play with my band

Voglio andare dove il sole splende dove tutto è colorato voglio vivere come in un film

I wish to go where the sun shines, where everything is colourful and I want to live like in a movie

Meglio rimettersi a studiare pero quel giro non e male

I’d better go back to study  but this chords are not bad

 

Non vedo l’ora di cantarla alla mia band

I can’t wait to sing it to my band

Staranno male

They will be stunned

Solo tre pagine a finire cosi la prof potró stupire

Only three pages to the end and I’ll be able to amaze my teacher

Risponderò alle sue domande

I’ll answer all her questions

Intonando un re maggiore

Intoning a D major

 Voglia di mare di sole d’estate

I wish for the seaside the sun the summer

Voglia di uscire a far quattro risate

I wish to go out and have a laugh

Voglia di stare con la mia band

I wish to play with my band

Voglio andare dove il sole splende dove tutto è colorato voglio vivere come in un film

I wish to go where the sun shines, where everything is colourful and I want to live like in a movie

           

Elisa C., 4sc 

No comments:

Post a Comment