Saturday 31 October 2020

CLOSE TO THE HORIZON

 

  


Hi everyone! Have you ever seen this movie? I love it!

It’s the story of Jessica,  a kind and caring girl, who meets Danny,  a successful and independent  boy. They start dating and fall in love, but Jessica sees something else lingering underneath Danny’s perfect face. Later Jessica finds some harrowing truths about Danny’s traumatic childhood.

He fights to build a normal life for himself, even though he may be destined for a dark future, as dark as his past. Despite all adversities,  a deep love develops between Danny and Jessica, but soon they find themselves confronting the harsh reality of a superficial world, battling against prejudice and running against time. 

 


Two of my favourite characters   are Tina, a strong and courageous girl,  and Danny’s roommate and best friend. She hides a dark and sad secret and she tries to escape it using drugs.

 


My favourite scene is when Danny decides to leave with Jessica to go to the beach. They leave everything behind themselves and spend some time together.

In the soundtrack of the movie, there’s a song  that I like very much . I think the lyrics are so right for this story!

This film is based on a true story. In the interview below the two protagonists  telle about how they met the girl whose story they tell in the movie. 


The quote I like the most from this film, which is also the explanation of the title, is: “One day when I'm gone, the moment you're close to the horizon, then you'll be close to me too”

Camilla, 3scB

No comments:

Post a Comment