Friday 11 March 2022

FIVE HEALTHY HABITS FOR A HEALTHY LIFE

 

  


 Many people live stressful, demanding lives, But with these 5 tips we can develop habits that will help us live healthier and more productive lives. 

1 Always eat breakfast 

 


 

I almost never have breakfast, in the morning I feel tired and I don't want to eat. But research shows that people who have breakfast tend to take in more vitamins and minerals and less fat and cholesterol. Eating things that are high in fiber and proteins keeps you feeling full and energized. These include whole-grain cereals and breads, low-fat milk, fruit, and yogurt. I think I will try to change my habits, because it is very important to have breakfast.

 

2 Stay hydrated


I drink a lot of water during the day, because I know it's very important.

Getting the proper amount of water is extremely important as every cell, tissue, and organ in our bodies needs water. Traditionally we’re told we need eight glasses of water daily, an amount that’s never been substantiated medically. Perhaps a better guide is to try to drink enough water to urinate once every 2-4 hours, and until urine is light in color.

But many people don't drink during the day, because they forget to do it. To help develop and keep this habit, many devices, from “smart bottles” to numerous free apps, are readily accessible so that you can keep yourself  properly hydrated.

 

3 Exercise

 


 

Regular exercise is probably the closest we can get to a fountain of youth. According to the National Cancer Institute, regular exercise helps control weight, maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints, and reduces our risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes. Furthermore, about 260,000 deaths per year in the U.S. are attributable to the lack of physical activity. Many exercise authorities suggest 30 minutes a day, 5-6 days a week, giving your body one day to rest and recover. I exercise five times a week, I usually go to the gym, but I also like to go for walks with my dog.

 

4 Sleep

 


 

Sleep is crucial to our wellbeing. As we sleep, the brain clears away the debris of the day’s work while resetting and restoring nerve networks so that they can function fully when we wake. The most common effects caused by the lack of sleep are: drowsiness, fatigue, lack of focus, and forgetfulness. But the consequences of sleep deprivation can be more severe, you can have possibly long-lasting effects on your brain. One recent Italian study suggests that the consistent lack of sleep may cause the brain to start destroying itself. To avoid this potential threat, develop the habit of getting a solid 7-9 hours of sleep. If you’re having trouble dozing off, keep your bedtime routine free of TV, laptop, cell phone, and other devices because they can disturb your sleep.

I always try to sleep 8 hours a night and, fortunately, I have no problem falling asleep.

 

5 Don’t neglect dental hygiene

 


 

Some studies indicate that regular flossing could add over 6 years to your life. The theory is that the bacteria that produce dental plaque enter the bloodstream and are somehow associated with inflammation that blocks blood vessels and causes heart disease. I never flossed, but since I discovered this I always do it!


Camilla, 4scB

No comments:

Post a Comment