Thursday 31 May 2018

DRAWING, DRAWING, DRAWING!


 
One of my best black & white drawings
I'm fond of drawing

I’ve always loved drawing. Since I was a child. I remember when I was about four and I used to draw on walls, clothes or whatever I found. I’ve drawn everywhere!
Through the years drawing became a very important part of my life. I think drawing is a way to better express yourself, because sometimes when words can’t explain what’s inside you,  your pencil will.
Even when your mood isn’t so good,  drawing can help you. You can feel lighter, because when the pencil flows on the paper it’s like your bad feelings and thoughts go away from your mind.

Liceo Artistico

When we are about thirteen/fourteen we must choose what type of school we want to attend. There are several kinds of high school based on different types of subjects, for example there is the Liceo Scientifico which is based on scientific subjects like Maths, Physics and Science or the Liceo Artistico, based on Arts, Drawing and Design.
When I was fourteen I decided to choose Liceo Artistico. But, unfortunately, my parents weren’t glad of my choice and had me change my mind. They used to tell me that I would be a homeless person drawing on the streets, that drawing can’t be a real  job and so on. So I chose Liceo Scientifico.


A classroom in Liceo Artistico, Tivoli

My part-time job

In the third year of high school students must find a part-time job as part of their education. I must spend two hundred hours in three years’ time working. So, I thought to look for a job which included drawing and I found it!
I’m actually working as a graphic designer in a small firm which design  websites. I develop and design logos, posters and websites. It seems easy but it isn’t. You must use specific colours and styles. For example, if I have to make a poster for  a website with a  blue background, that poster must be blue too.
I’m still learning but I’m very satisfied with my part-time job!

Future choices

Since I’m fond of drawing, I’d like to study graphic design after high school. My dream job is to be a graphic designer. I think I can find a job like this because today visual communication is very important and there are firms and  businesses that need professional designers.
What about my parents, you ask? Well, fortunately, after high school it seems like they will let me choose whatever I want so I think they will have to accept my decision!

Lucrezia M.

No comments:

Post a Comment