Friday 11 December 2020

LET ME INTRODUCE YOU HERPY, MY ALASKAN MALAMUTE

 

 

A dog already used in ancient times to pull the sled and move large weights, the Alaskan Malamute is considered one of the oldest sled dogs in the entire Arctic. The Alaskan Malamute owes its name to the Inuit Mahlemiut tribe that started the selection of this animal in ancient times. Who bet on the races of dogs of different breeds. The fame of the American specimen reached as far as Massachussets, where Eva Seeley decided to get one of these dogs. Eva and her husband decided to open a kennel. Their specimens were recruited by the Americans during the Second World War. The many deaths, however, put the breed in danger and risked extinction.

 

PHYSICAL ASPECT



Their main characteristics are brown eyes and a sweet expression, but they are still a muscular dog with an imposing build. But now I will show you its features in more detail. The head is wide, deep, the nose, the lips are black in all the specimens (except in the red ones), both jaws and teeth are wide, the incisors boast a scissor bite. The eyes are generally brown and the particularly sweet expression confirms their affectionate nature. Ears smaller than the head. The tail boasts a thick hair and is carried upright while working. Muscular front limbs with an important bone structure. Hind limbs are wide and move in synergy with the front ones. And finally it has long and thick hair.

 

ITS CHARACTER


 

The Alaskan Malamute has excellent aesthetic qualities, but its character is certainly no less; he is strong, intelligent and decisive, but at the same time sweet and affectionate. It has a natural instinct reminiscent of that of the wolf. If you choose a Malamute as a pet, you must immediately establish rules, because having wolf attitudes he must see the master as the pack leader, so he will listen to him every time. This dog is not by definition a guard dog, but its large size can still intimidate disreputable people. Like any working dog, the Alaskan Malamute needs continuous physical exercise in the open air.

 

MY ALASKAN MALAMUTE

 


I have a dog and it is an Alaskan Malamute. He is now almost 4 years old and his name is Herpy. Right from the start my parents and I have tamed it in such a way that it is  playful with us and with the people we know. In fact, when I play with him I have the certainty that he will never hurt me. At home I am the one who takes care of him, being I who wanted. I usually take him our for a walk every day and I always prepare food for him. Furthermore, being an only child, I play with him very often and I want to have a pet just because I didn't want to feel alone when I was at home.

Edoardo, 4sc

No comments:

Post a Comment