Monday 11 December 2017

YOUNG NERDS GROW UP!



Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein’s posters are hung on the wall in his bedroom. He puts a pair of glover up not to touch his brother’s filthy hands. He comes to church with his mother only because “I don’t believe in God, but I believe in my mother”. We are in 1989 and he is an out of the ordinary boy, that’s to be expected! Do you understand who I am talking about? Maybe the photo above has given you a little clue! 


If you love The Big Bang Theory, you must have wondered how that genius of Sheldon Cooper’s childhood was. Chuck Lorre and Steve Molaro cleared our doubts up! Ladies and Gentleman, I’m going to give you YOUNG SHELDON!



 GOOD OLD SHELDON

High school is a nightmare for  poor young Sheldon. Socialization problems, people who make fun of him everywhere, teachers too incompetent for his sharp mind and his first steps toward music… “Should I study music? No, thanks. Musicians take drugs!” … or almost!       

                                                                     


A FOOTBALL STAR

Despite some little mishap, he’s had his fifteen minutes of fame, becoming a football star! That’s right! You heard it, a football star! Well, using probability, complex calculations as well as advanced mathematics to help his school team to win every match. I mean, after all, what can you expect from him? Touchdown and field goal are not for him.



AN EASTERN FRIEND

Raj is not the only Eastern friend Sheldon has had. Tam is a Vietnamese boy. When Sheldon’s mom invites him for dinner, it’s totally fun, isn’t it?


Watching The Big Bang Theory, a question springs to mind: where do Sheldon’s strange behaviors come from?

TRAINS: A LIFE-LONG OBSESSION

“I’ve always loved the trains, in fact if my career in theoretical physics hadn’t worked out, my back-up plan was to become a professional ticket-taker.”


SOFT KITTY

Sheldon’s granny is the author of the famous Big Bang’s motif. We’ve heard Penny, Amy, Leonard, eveyone sing  it to poor ill Shelly! Can’t wait to hear the original version!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Five episodes have already been released. Sheldon hasn’t read a comic, watch some science fiction movie and not even bought action figures yet. Where’s his passion for superheroes gone? We want to see George Lucas’ greatest fan talk  about nerd things! (More than he already does!)
It would be impossible to list every one of Sheldon’s oddities. I’ve just listed my favourite ones. What about yours?

THE FLOOR TO JIM PARSONS 

Jim Parsons wasn’t prepared for how emotional it would be to watch Young Sheldon’ s star Iain Armitage play a younger version of a character he’s played for years.

“Watching Iain brings this young version of this character to life that I’ve been working on for a decade of my own life, it was really moving. I felt such a sympathy for this little guy. It was kind of mind-blowing to see him brought to life through Iain.” 

For The Big Bang Theory actor, it was a chance to reflect on how much he loves his job.


“I don’t think I’ve forgotten how much fun everything is, but maybe a little bit, because it definitely feels like a reminder of something when I watch you [Iain] work on all this stuff and do all this stuff,” he said.


FEDERICA








1 comment:

  1. The Big Bang Theory is great fun and Sheldon Cooper is a great (bit irritating) weirdo. Awesome job, Federica!

    ReplyDelete