Thursday 1 March 2018

WHAT ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY?



Photography has always been my passion!  I love this wonderful art. You perfectly know that  nowadays everyone can take a picture any time they want, anywhere they are,  since our mobile phones are equipped with very good cameras.
I think there are no rules to become a good photographer. You need to be   creative and wish to express yourself through a picture. So,  if you are interested in the world of photography, keep reading my post!

SEVERAL GENRES

There are different genres of photography. Here are some:
       
 Landscape photography

This is one of the most popular types of photos. To obtain a good landscape shot you need a gorgeous scenery. You need to wait for the perfect light and the right atmosphere! There are a lot of photographers who get up very early to catch the light of dawn.
So if you want to be a landscape photographer you should be patient but, first of all,  you should be creative, in this way your landscape pic will be unique!

 Food photography

This kind of photos has become very popular lately. It's one of the hottest trend on instagram – which is the most popular social media for photography.
First of all you need a nice plate, a good light and something to adorn the composition of  the photo – for example,  a plant or a cutting board ( like in the picture below)

To be honest I don't like this kind of photos but I don't deny that sometimes I take pictures of food, especially at the restaurant!
  


 Street photography

This kind of photography seems easy but actually it's very complex. You can practice street photography everywhere, even under your house! Usually the subject of the picture is unaware he/she is the subject of a photo. To achieve a good shot you should practice different points of view – in front of the subject or from the top down – and different lights and shadows!

Portraiture

To make your portrait unique you should be very inventive. First of all you need a model or a friend who is open to be the subject of your shot.
Then you must choose the location of the photo shoot – for example,  a wood or a bus (basically wherever you want).
Then you must test different points of view, different poses... I'm sure after several tries you'll be proud of your job!

Architectural photography



I love this kind of photography. I love taking pictures of buildings – from skyscrapers to churches.
To make your pic unique – which is a little difficult since everyone can take a picture of  a public building – You  must test several points of view, take the shot with different weather conditions – for example, a picture of a castle surrounded by fog is more suggestive than a picture of a castle in a sunny day! So you can focus on the building but you must also consider the surrounding environment.


MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

As you can see there are many genres in photography.  Personally,  I'm fond of landscape photography. If you follow me on instagram  (CLICK HERE )  or facebook probably you have already noticed that I share a lot of pics of nature and wilderness! My passion for photography started a few years ago and I must confess that it has changed my way of looking at things around me.

A few years ago I’d have never thought that I would take pictures of trees or landscapes reflected into a puddle! But one day I was walking along the street and I noticed the reflex of a tree inside a puddle. I thought that if I could see that reflex with my eyes probably the camera could capture it. And I was right! To be honest I don't know if this hobby will be my job one day, probably it will remain only a passion,  but who knows what the future holds! I'd like to share with you some of my shots. Here they are!
       

 




I'm so curious to know if you love photography, like me! So let me know what you think and what kind of photography you prefer in the comments below!


MARIA VITTORIA       


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for another amazing post, M.V.! We love your photos. <3

    ReplyDelete