Monday 19 November 2018

ANCIENT WORLDS AND FUTURE GOALS: ROME TOTAL WAR 2


Hello, I’m Francesco Giammei. Rome Total War 2 is my favourite computer game and today I’d like to share with you why I like it so much.

It’s about ancient civilizations and it is a strategy game. You can play it online or offline.

Each player has his own faction. I usually play as Sparta. I really admire this ancient Greek city because of its history and because its men were truly honourable. 

The cavalry isn’t very good in the game, but the infantry is the best. The heart of the Spartan infantry (and of the Spartan army) are the Hoplites. The Hoplites are strong Greek soldiers. Every old Greek “Poleis” had their own army made up of Hoplites, but Sparta’s soldiers were the best in Ancient Times.



In the offline campaign (as Sparta) I conquered many lands: Greece, Italy, Northern Africa and part of France.

I rarely play this game, but when I am about to conquering cities, I’m really focused. I like this game because there are a lot of great wars. The last one I took part in was against Cartage and its client states. That nation was very strong, because it controlled all the Mediterranean Sea. After many Slaves' Rebellions, Carthage’s power decreased, so I first occupied those cities, and then I declared war on Carthage and after a lot of time, I destroyed that faction and its allied.

Now I want to expand my kingdom all over the Iberian Peninsula.




Do you like videogames? Do you have a favourite one? Why do you like it so much? I’d like to hear from you. Looking forward to reading your comments!

FRANCESCO G. (2sc)

3 comments:

  1. Good job ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good! I hope you won't conquer Subiaco!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome aboard, Francesco. Your favourite videogame is quite educational, apparently. History and Geography learnt in a very amusing way. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete