Monday 26 November 2018

DEATH PARADE: THE QUINDECIM & THE DEATH GAME




Hello there! My name is Aurora and this is my first post on LET’S BLOG! I’m going to start with something I truly love, one of my favourite anime, because, you know I’m fond of anime. What about you?


DEATH PARADE

Death Parade is an anime TV series conceived, written and directed by Yuzuru Tachikawa, produced by Madhouse and broadcast in Japan between January 9th and March 27th 2015. The series comes from a short film entitled Death Billiards, also produced by Madhouse for Anime Mirai 2013. It is a  psychological thriller and it only has one season with 12 episodes.

It’s set in a building with 90 floors in which there is a bar on each floor with the exception of the 90th.
On the 90th floor we find the director of the whole building and the various employees. The main set in one of the bars called QUINDECIM.



The Quindecim (from the Latin number 15) is a mysterious bar where a solitary barman named Decim works. Whenever two people on Earth die at the same time, they are sent to one of the many mysterious bars like the Quindecim, where the CUSTOMERS will be forced to participate in the Death Game. In this game they will have to bet their life. During the death game the players will begin to remember until, at the end of the game, they will discover that they are dead. All these people lost their memory due to the strong  shock of death.



The “duty” of the barman is to judge the souls and decide whether  to send them into the void (hell) or to reincarnation (paradise). Decim, like others barmen, is a JUDGE with this purpose. The judges are just dolls without feelings.


The director is called Nona and she was a judge too. She often plays billiards with Oculus and always wins.

Decim is the barman of Quindecim, whose job is to judge the various Death Games assigned to him. His hobby is to build dummies in the image and likeness of the guests he had to judge. Decim is flanked by a human woman whose name  and origin are unknown.


My favorite character is Decim. I really like the attitude of this character and what influences the way he is designed.

That’s all for today. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading and I’m curious to know...

DO YOU LIKE ANIME? WHAT ARE YOUR BEST FAVOURITES?

AURORA (2sc)

2 comments:

  1. Guess mad house is releasing some good stuff recently
    Interesting concept, I don’t think I’ll watch it tough, not enough time on my hands.
    Well done for your first post, I was more curious about your personal opinions tough, maybe you should try a review format.
    It’s up to you obviously, again good post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job, Aurora. Great debut post. Welcome to our staff! :-)

    ReplyDelete