Wednesday 26 May 2021

HAVE YOU SEEN A STAR IS BORN?

 


Hello everyone! This is my last post for this school year and I’m going to talk about a film that I’ve recently seen and I’m really fond of!

BRADLEY COOPER AND LADY GAGA

Have you seen "A star is born"? That’s the film I want to write about.  It stars Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper and they are outstanding in their roles. I love Lady Gaga and her songs, and her voice makes me shiver every time. Although the film came out in 2018 I have only seen it now, three years after its release,  and I must say that it exceeded my expectations.

Initially the actors were not supposed to ones you see now. Instead of Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez had been cast, then Beyonce, but finally they chose her. And the director, who is Bradley Cooper himself, was also   changed many times.

It was Bradley Cooper himself to chose Lady Gaga after listening to her sing the song "La vie en rose" at a charity dinner, which was then re-enacted in the film, and that is the song that started the romantic love story  between the two protagonists.

THE PLOT

Ally (Lady Gaga) and Jackson Maine (Bradley Cooper). It is a story of love and music, of passion and weaknesses. The two have to face very complicated situations from the beginning to the end of the film. They have to cope with fame and the complexity of living with the weight of success on your shoulders.

The film is a remake of an old film dating back to 1976. The overall plot has a romantic-dramatic style, the ending is not very happy but the story deserves to be watched and enjoyed  at the same time. The mix of music and cinematography  is nothing but perfect.

MY FAVOURITE SONGS

In the film there were three songs that struck me most:

-        Shallow, which is the most popular

-         Always remember us this way, which is the one I absolutely prefer. It moves me almost to tears.

-          I'll never love again, which is the song par excellence, the theme song of the movie. It is the last song  with touching lyrics by Lady Gaga.


 

Having said that,  I can only wish all of you readers a good summer!

See you next year with new posts and hopefully with lots of good news to write about.

ELISA C., 4 sc

 

No comments:

Post a Comment