Tuesday 4 May 2021

THE GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG

 


Since I was a child, I have been fond of  dogs and, especially, of the German Shepherd. So, today, I just want to share my love with you. The German Shepherd or German Shepherd Dog is the most widespread and well-known dog breed in the world, called by many "Wolf Dog" for its similarities with the wolf in its general features. 

THE ORIGINS OF THE GERMAN SHEPHERD 



Its origins go back a long time. It was a certain Von Stephaniz, at the end of the 19th century, who selected this breed with very rigorous methods. According to some it is the oldest dog in the world and according to others it has descended from wild wolves crossed with domestic dogs. As we know it today, it is the result of a cross that took place in Germany at the end of the nineteenth century, the result of a strict selection of breeders, who took care of both the functional aesthetic aspect and the character aspect in a truly skillful way. Thanks to those particular qualities, since the beginning of the twentieth century this dog has gradually achieved  amazing popularity.

 

ITS MAIN CHARACTERISTICS



It is a medium-sized dog with an elegant bearing. It has an excellent built  which allows the breed to have a great boost in movement. He has excellent musculature and very good relationships. It is the most suitable dog ever to undergo training, thanks to its unparalleled intelligence and good nature. He is endowed with courage and confidence. He is very fond of the person who takes care of him, for whom he would be willing to give his life.


WHY I LIKE THE GERMAN SHEPHERD



As I said, since I was a child I have always had a deep admiration for these dogs. My interest started when as a child I saw one of them on the Italian version of a popular Austrian TV series, which I usually saw with my grandmother,  titled "Kommissar Rex".

In that series a German Shepherd was the main protagonist and I was literally in love with the dog and its role. It was brilliant and always helped the detective to solve the cases they were investigating on.  That doesn't happen in fiction only, because, actually,  this type of dog is often used by the police in anti-drug investigations. 

Simone S., 3scB

.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment