Monday 7 November 2022

MARRACASH, MY FIRST LIVE CONCERT

 



Hi guys, today I want to tell you about a recently super exciting experience! I went to  my first live concert ever and it was so cool!

Marracash


Marracash is an Italian rapper born in Sicily who now lives and works in Milan. He chose to use "Marracash" as his stage name because as a child his friends called him "marocchino"  (Moroccan in Italian) because of his dark skin. He made his debut in the rap scene for the first time back in 2004, when he collaborated with the group "Club Dogo" in one of his first mixtapes. In 2005, however, Marracash released "Popolare": his first single.

In the following years he released other albums and several singles until 2020, when he released opinion, his best album ever, in my opinion: "Persona"! It has 17 tracks made in collaboration with several other artists such as: Guè Pequeno, Coez, Massimo Pericolo, Elisa and many other great Italian artists.

 


The concert

I had been waiting for the concert for such a long time and I was looking forward to finally being able to see Marracash live. I had bought tickets for me and two other friends about 4 months in advance and,  finally,  on October 2nd,  we were able to see him live. I was amazed when I saw all those people for just one artist: hundreds and hundreds of people lined up since 3:00 pm to be in the front row.  Those who arrived later  had to be contented with the most distant spots in the stadium.

At about 9:00 pm the concert started and I’ll never forget the spectacular entrance Marrakash made.

 

 

 

He sang songs from his latest album,  "Persona",  but also his most popular from the past, songs that have made the history of Italian rap music. It was a fantastic show also because of the many guests who were on stage with him such as Sfera Ebbasta, Coez, Noemi and his producer,  Marz. 

 

 

Why, you may be asking, am I telling you about a concert with such enthusiasm? I will explain it to you right away:  in addition to being a unique, exciting concert, I finally saw many people happy to be there all together, enjoying the show to the fullest,  carefree, forgetful of the pandemic, the war, and everything bad which was or is happening around them, living in the present and dreaming of the future.

This is what this concert conveyed to me and what I would like to become the "battle sign" for many people who find themselves coping with difficult issues.

 

 

The song that I liked the best was "Dubbi" because it reminds of  my own past a bit and of everything I have been through.

A song about Marracash himself and how he managed to overcome many obstacles to finally return to living as before.

 

 

It was a really special night, which made me think of and understand many things.  I hope that one day all Marracash fans  will be able to live an experience like mine. It’s well worth it!

 If you feel like doing it, please, share about your favourite singer or song in the comment section. It will be great to read and get to know about your personal tastes. Till next time, friends.

ANDREA T. , 4sc

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment