Monday 25 January 2021

BRIDGERTON: FEW EXPECTATIONS, GREAT SATISFACTION


  

I usually have a thousand expectations when I start watching a new tv series and then I find myself disappointed,  but this time, strangely enough, it didn’t happen and, instead,  I was truly impressed though I didn’t expect much from the new Shondaland series. Today I would like to share something about my latest surprising discovery with you, without spoiling the pleasure of watching for you if you haven’t seen it yet. LET’S START!


BRIDGERTON ON NETFLIX

Did gossip already exist in the early nineteenth century?  Yes, at least in Julia Quinn’s novels on which the TV series is based.  Lady Whistledown is the main source of gossip in London and everyone is waiting for her weekly paper to find out what's going on in the city.

The Bridgerton family is at the center of this story bthe eldest but season 1 especially focuses on the eldest of the daughters, Daphne,  who must soon find a husband.

I don't like spoilers and I don't know if you readers have already seen the series on Netflix, so I'll say something else but it’ll be vague.

The most fascinating man in the series is the indisputable Duke of Hastings who captured my heart within the story, and I'm sure also the heart of millions of viewers all over the world.


Not much happens to the other characters,  so I am waiting for the second season to find out more about this fascinating English family and also to get to know more about Daphne's story.


Now my Hamletic doubt is: to wait for the other seasons to come out or to start reading Quinn's books soon?

 

ELISA C. 4sc

No comments:

Post a Comment