Saturday 9 April 2022

COMPLETE MESS: 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER SPECTACULAR COMEBACK!

 

 

On March 3rd with their new track, ‘Complete Mess’, 5 Seconds Of Summer make a spectacular comeback.

“Complete Mess” follows 5 Seconds of Summer anniversary single “2011” and is the lead single of their fifth studio album, set to be released late in this year.

 If we look at the lyrics we can notice that the song reflects the productive chaos of a relationship.

 



“Complete Mess,” was created during a writing trip in Joshua Tree, California. It’s the first song to be entirely written and produced by the band. The song was recorded over several sessions at Joshua Tree, at one of the band member’s own home studio and in Malibu. 

‘Complete Mess’ begins with a gentle and distant low focused guitar lead that prepares the way for the lead singer's, Luke Hemmings, extraordinary vocal delivery. Additionally, his message makes an impact from the first note: he is head over heels for someone, so much so that he feels shaky when they are present.

 

The song’s progression is interesting; it is a voyage that builds up with momentum and eventually gets to the summit, which is the booming chorus. Also, they demonstrate how far they have come since their debut album in 2014; revealing their maturity while maintaining loyalty to the sound that sent them to the top in the first place.

 Lyrics

Caught up in Heaven, but your Heaven ain’t the same

And I’ve never been a saint, have I?

This evanescence always fleeting like a flame

But I’m never one to change, am I?

Call it a lesson when I feel you slide away

And I’m missin’ out on half my life

Oh, you make me complete

You make me complete

You make me a complete mess

Oh, you make me complete

You make me complete

You make me a complete mess

Hang on to moments like they’ll never drift away

‘Cause you’ll never get to say goodbye

I ask no questions as your colours take their hold

As my darkness turns to gold inside

I learned my lesson when I felt you slip away

And I’m missing out on half my life

Oh, you make me complete

You make me complete

You make me a complete mess

Oh, you make me complete

You make me complete

You make me a complete mess

(You make me a complete mess)

(You make me a complete mess)

Caught up in Heaven, but your Heaven ain’t the same

But I’ve never been a saint, have I?

Oh, you make me complete

You make me complete (You make me complete)

You make me a complete mess

Oh, you make me complete (You make me complete)

You make me complete (You make me complete)

You make me a complete mess

Michela M., 5sc

 

No comments:

Post a Comment