Thursday 22 December 2016

CHRISTMAS BOOKS




Risultato immagine per christmas books



The Polar Express


The Polar Express was written by Chris Van Allbusrg in 1985.

It's the night of Christmas Eve and a child whose name isn't mentioned, splees in his bedroom and he doesn't believe in Santa Claus. But that night he hears a train whistle, The Polar Express,
which will take him to the Noth Pole, to Santa's house. During the trip he meets many children who love drinking hot chocolate and they sing Christmas songs all together. When he arrives at the North Pole, he meets Santa Claus and he starts believing in him. Santa gives him a bell whichhas the same sound of Santa's sleigh.




How the Grinch Stole Christmas!





This is a tale written by Dr. Seuss in 1957.

The protagonist is the Grinch, a monster who he hates Christmas. He always steals presents from
children. He likes being bad and he wants to destroy this festivity. He doesn't understand that real
Christmas is in the heart not in money.But at the end of the story a child makes him change his
mind, so he starts having real feelings and loving Christmas!






Let it Snow



This book has been written by three authors John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle

in 2015. Each author has written a story which is connected to the others by an invisible thread
like the magic of the Christmas. On Christmas day there is a big snowfall and the train of Gracetown gets stuck. After that the three authors start their stories involving many characters.
These tales are love stories and if you are a romance lover and a Christmas lover you must read them!


Letters from Father Christmas





This book includes all the letters that Mr J. R. R. Tolkien has written to his children pretending to

be Santa Claus. He continued writing those letters for thirty years to make his children happy and
joyful on Christmas day. However, he didn't write those letters to be a good father, he wrote them
to increase his fantasy.





A Christmas Carol



This incredible story was written by Charles Dickens in 1843.

The main character is Ebenezer Scrooge, an old financial expert who is miser and stingy and hates Christmas. The story starts on Christmas Eve when Scrooge, after a work day , comes back home. There he finds his dead friend Marley, who tells him to become more geneuros and kinder, because if he continues behaving in that way, when he dies he will suffer a lot in overland. Scrooge doesn't believe his freiend , so he goes to bed. At midnight a ghost comes to Scrooge and shows him his childhood, when he used to love Christmas and be with other people. 
After the ghost of Christmas past, Scrooge comes back home and he finds the ghost of Christmas present , who is waiting for him. The ghost shows Sgrooge many happy families during the Christmas dinner , in particular Cratchic's family. After the ghost of Christmas present, Scrooge meets the ghost of Christmas yet to come, who shows him the Christmas day of the next year. Scrooge gets very sad, because he is dead and all the people are happy for that. 
When he gets up the mornig later, he changhes his behaviour, he becomes a good, kind and happy person and he starts doing charity and help to the poorest people.






Karina & Lucrezia

25 comments:

  1. Well done Karina and Lucrezia!
    These books are very interesting,but my favourite is "A Christmas Carol"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!😉I like A Christmas Carol but I haven't read It yet so I'm going to read it these holidays!

      Delete
  2. Books, books and more books! Awesome idea, Karina and Lucrezia. The Christmas holidays are perfect with a few good books to read by the fireplace. What are you all going to read in the next days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job girls!
    These book are very nice...my favourite is Christmas Carol!😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!😊 I think A Christmas Carol is a great book...

      Delete
  4. In the next days I'm going to read "A Christmas Carol". I'm curious to know the story of this book. Well done girls 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm curious too because I've seen The film and I'd like to read The book

      Delete
  5. Amazing! I love the "Grinch"! I have seen the movie but I haven't read the book! I would like to read it! I've read "A Christmas Carol"!��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!😊 I've seen The Grinch too and I liked it a lot

      Delete
  6. Well Done Girls! This Books are Very interessing... I goING to Read "let it Snow" and "the Grinch"
    I love christamas Carol and I Read it a yeArs ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Let it Snow but I would like to...🤔

      Delete
  7. I read Christmas Carol when I was younger but I'd like to read it again.
    I like Letters from Father Christmas too because I love J.R.R Tolkien❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Letters from Father Christmas but I've read The plot and I think it's interesting!

      Delete
  8. I am going to read A Christmas Carol during the Christmas holidays...I like reading books but unfortunately I haven't time. My favourite genre is Sci-fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like reading too but I haven't got much time but I think I will read some books during these holidays

      Delete
  9. I love your list girls 😘! Well done
    My favourite is "How the Grinch stole Christmas" but I haven't read it I just know the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read this book but I've seen The movie and I think it is nice

      Delete
  10. My favourite Christmas book is "A Christmas Carol". i'm reading now,it is very beautiful. I have recently seen A Christmas Carol's cartoon with my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good post!I like "A Christmas Carol","How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" and "The Polar Express" because I have seen the films

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alessandro for your comment I hope you will read the books of these films.

      Delete
  12. My favourite Christmas book is "A Christmas Carol"and I also saw the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read "A Christmas Carol" recently and...what a book!! It is perfect to read in Christmas time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read "A Christmas Carol" recently and...what a book!! It is perfect to read in Christmas time!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good post Girls!😍
    These books are very interesting but my favourite is 'A Christmas Carol'!

    ReplyDelete