Friday 16 December 2016

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT COLDPLAY? (PART II) A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS












A Head Full of Dreams is Coldplay’s 7th studio album. It was released on December 4, 2015. Coldplay recorded the album with a different style and sound from its predecessors. For various songs, they collaborated with Beyoncé, Noel Gallagher, Tove Lo, Khatia Buniatishvili and Merry Clayton. The album also features a sample of President Barack Obama - a great fan of Coldplay -  singing "Amazing Grace" at Clementa C. Pinckney's funeral on "Kaleidoscope".

What about having a detailed look at the tracks in this album? They are all fantastic!

1. A Head Full Of Dreams
This song marked a rebirth for Chris Martin , after a long period of depression because of his divorce from his ex wife, Gwyneth Paltrow. He managed to give back colour to his life . He said :
everything that happens to you is fine. The idea is to accept everything without running away from anything, and believe that things will turn for the better and become colored
The official music video starts with a very powerful speech delivered by Charlie Chaplin in the film "the Great Dictator" . This choice is meaningful in a time  of conflict in which people forget what it actually means to be people . ( If you don't know or remember the speech you  should go and read it or you may run and enjoy the music video)

2. Amazing Day
We sat on a roof, named every star, shared every bruise ...hope has its proof put your hand in mine , life has a beautiful crazy design” . So reads the text of this amazing song . It wants to remind us that everything can be overcome and life is worth living hand in hand .
3. Adventure of a Lifetime
This is one of summer 2016 hits . Chris and the band managed to introduce DANCE in their alternative rock and the result was , is and will be long-lasting success.
4. Birds
It is a very tipical Coldplay song  a little pop, a little indie and alternative . You may say just the same for the others , but for a Coldplay lover every song is different and special . Very beautiful song and important meaning as usual .
5. Hymn For The Weekend
 This is another summer hit featuring Beyoncé and it is a song about love and colours . For the music video they went to India to celebrate the Holi festival and to feel what people feel every year during this enchanting, colourful celebration . 
6. Everglow
It is a song that manages to convey deep feelings through simple words.  Chris thought of it while he was talking to a surfer. He said the word everglow and everything all that followed came up in Chris 's mind . He wanted to fix in our minds the memory of a loved person,  like a fire that glows forever. 
...we swore on that night we’d be friends til we die
but the changing of winds, and the way waters flow
life as short as the falling of snow
and now I’m gonna miss you I know...



7. Fun
        ...Icarus says to the sun , The Sword sinks in , Lightning strikes ...                      


  A broken love , a broken heart but a head full of memories,  of love lived . Love is not always forever but love makes you always cry , always suffer but also builds moments of fun . Whatever happens, the fun shared will always remain . 
8. Kaleidoscope   
It is a song and the cover of the new album . The cover in all senses because it is the song that sums up the meaning of the album . This word comes from the ancient Greek word kalos that means "beauty", so the song and the whole album want to invite to accept the negative along with the positive, to always see the glass half full .
9Army Of One
Another love song. Coldplay won't ever get nough . The protagonist of the song is not giving up on his girl. He could do everythig for her , except let her go .
...My army of one is gonna fight for you, My army of one is gonna fall for you...



10. Colour Spectrum
 Ex president Barack Obama gave his voice for this remarkable message: Every Human is a guest house . Many will come and many will go but be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond. This song tell us to be open to the others ,  to not close the door , to remain open to human beings .
 11. Up&Up 
Latest track released as a single, Up & Up is a  very, very beautiful song, with a truly original video .  When you're in pain when you think you’ve had enough, don't ever give up, don't ever give up, believe in love " I think this is the most representative line in the song. Never give up , never turn down , always be positive and go Up and Up&Up . Towards the stars     


12. X Marks The Spot 

X marks the spot where I'll find that treasure . Very catchy song , you can hear it while you are in the car , you can hear it at school during the break or anywhere else . The unknown factor X is obviously Love and Chris is just trying to put his hands up to the sky and touch it .

Great as usual ! Keep on going,  guys !
Now, which is your favourite track in A Head Full of Dreams
Have you got any good memory linked to that song? 


21 comments:

  1. This album is wonderful because there are many good songs! My favorite track is Up&up but also Hymn for the Weekend is not bad! 🔝😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up&Up is also my favourite among all the album!!.

      Delete
  2. Good job Maria Adela!
    I don't listen to Coldplay music but it's a brilliant idea to talk about their songs in this album.
    My favourite in your list is "hymn for the weekend" because I love Beyonce too much.😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martina, the idea isn't mine but I liked to write the article . I love Beyoncé to , I think you just given me an idea for my next article ...

      Delete
  3. I love Coldplay, I can see so many meanings in their songs and the way they approach Our reality and the passion they put into their songs
    Definitely one of the best bands in the world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Simone .Not every band can create true worth songs , but they do it !!

      Delete
  4. I love your post😙
    I am not a big Coldplay's fan but their songs are very nice😄 and they have an important mean, I like Amazing Day for this reason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really thank you Federica !
      Yeah, Amazing Day is truly a very good song .

      Delete
  5. My favourite song among them si "Hymn forse the Weekend" bit I think Up & Up si a great song too.😍 You've done an awesome post Maria Adela!😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, You liked the post because talks about a great topic, everything with subject Coldplay is amazing !!

      Delete
  6. Great post! I love Coldplay,their songs are all wonderful but my favourite is 'Hymn for the weekend'..it reminds me of my summer!😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real Rosita , I think Himn for the Weekend is the summer song for everyone !

      Delete
  7. I like Coldplay even though they are not my favourite band...i like this album and my favourite track is Up&up!!😉

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. Although my favorite singer is Ed Sheeran and I must say that even Coldplay are really good. I liked them since I heard paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not know if you'll believe me, but I also liked them since I heard Paradise!! Thank you for the strange coincidence Denis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post. I like Coldplay and my favourite song is "Hymn for the weekend"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maria Adele, I agree with you! I have liked this wonderful band since I listened to their first songs like Paradise! My favourite song among them is Up&Up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful post😍😍 I love Coldplay! My favourite tracks in this album are Up&up and BIRDS. I recived this CD as my Christmas present last year.. I really like it😍❤

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coldplay are my best fave band so THANK YOU 3scA/3scB for posting about them so frequently 😘

    ReplyDelete
  14. They aren't my favourite band but I like them and their songs!!😊😊

    ReplyDelete