Wednesday 14 December 2016

ALESSANDRO NESTA, “THE WALL”


Hello friends! Today I am going to write about one of the strongest defenders in the history of football. His name is Alessandro Nesta and his nickname is “The wall” because he was so strong that nobody was able to uncheck him. 


Alessandro Nesta was born on 19th March 1976 in Rome and since he was 8 years old he played for S.S. Lazio and he was also a Lazio fan, so he was very lucky because he made a dream of his come true. He just played for three teams in his carreer:  Lazio, Milan and Montreal Impact.
In Nesta’s family Alessandro isn’t the only one who has played football but  he has also a brother, called Fernando,  who  played in Serie D. Alessandro is the younger brother because his brother Fernando is older than him.
From 1996 to 2006 Alessandro Nesta was also the key defender of the Italian national football team: he played 78 matches and  he was a member of the Italian team that won the 2006 World Cup. In that time Italy boasted a rich group of talents in defence Alessandro Nesta with Fabio Cannavaro formed a formidable defensive wall, coupled with the reassurance of having  the best goalkeeper in the world, Gianluigi Buffon, behind them.
Nesta is my idol because he was a complete, dominant and athletic defender and he was excellent in the air. I love his style because I am also a defender in my football team. I hope that   I  will become like him one day.

Do you play football? Have you got a model player? What is your role in the team?

Andrea

10 comments:

  1. Nesta was a good footballer but my model player is Paul Pogba😍⚽️ Now he play for Manchester United but last year he played in my favorite team "Juventus" 🔝⚽️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't play football but I like this sport! My favourite football players are Buffon and Neuer, because my favourite role in the team is the goalkeeper. Nesta was a good football player, too! 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another post about football! 😂 I don't often watch football matches,but I can say Neffa is a good footballer! However,my favourite football team remains Inter!😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like football😂 but anyway I like your post. I like a bit Leo Messi . My cousin and I often watched his match on tv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you crazy,guys? Always football! Anyway Nesta is maybe the only footballer I've heard about 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I'm not a football fan so this is just as boring as "put something boring here"
    But I like your spirit, gj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nesta was one of the best defenders of the story of football!I liked him because he played for my favourite team Lazio,but my model player is Lionel Messi because he plays in my role,right wing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't play football but I love watching football games on TV.
    Nesta was a giant in his role! My model player is Cristiano Ronaldo because he's the best on field and in life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Andrea!I'm a midfielder and for this my model player is Arturo Vidal who played for my favourite team "Juventus" 2 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete