Friday 2 December 2016

TWO SPORTS & TWO CHAMPIONS


Hifriends! In this post we want talk about two sports and two champions  These sportsaren’t as popular as football  in Italy  but we like them and we would like to share our interest with you.

BASKETBALL

In Italian we call it Basket, short for what in English is basketball. It is a team sport where there are two 5 – player teams.
You have to use only your hands to score a point in the rival basket.
Basketball  was invented in 1891 by James Naismith, a Canadian P.E. teacher.
Now it is played all over the world, even though it is extremely popular in the  U.S.A.

One of the best basketballers,actually,is LeBron James.
He is an American professional basketball player for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The most important things he has won are 3 NBA championships and two Olympic gold medals
In our opinion, in addition to being one of the best nowadays  he is one of the best in basketball history.



TENNIS

Tennis is a singular or team sport because there are tournaments where you play alone against the rival(1 vs 1) or where you play with a teammate against two rivals (2 vs 2).
You play with a tennis racket and you have to use it to hit the ball to score a point in the rival field.
The most important competitions in tennis are Grand Slam tournaments: Wimbledon(London),Roland Garros(Paris), Us open(New York city) and Australian open(Melbourne)


Nowadays one of the best tennis players is Novak Djokovic and his nickname is Nole or Djoker.
He was born in 1987 in Belgrado(Serbia).
He has won all the Grand Slam tournaments and an olympic medal.
In the latest years his rivalry with other tennis champions like Nadal, Federer or Murray has grown.



These two champions are examples for the people who believe in sport because apart from being champions in their sports, they are a good models, good people.
Even if we aren’t basketball fans, we sometimes play basketball during our P.E.lessons and it is an amazing sport.
Instead,  we can’t say the same for tennis because we played it just once during a school camp at the seaside.

Can you play tennis or basketball? What do you think of these sports?


ALEX T. and LUCA

32 comments:

  1. I can't play tennis and basketball😅
    Anyway good job guys❤
    I think that tennis is such as beautiful sport! Instesd I don't like basketball

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like these sports so much but I prefer tennis than basket.
    Anyway it is a good post😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post guys!! I like these sports even though i am not a great fan!👌

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't play tennis or basketball but I think these sports are really exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Alex and Luca!
    I can play tennis and I practiced it when I was young.
    My favourite tennis player is Nadal!
    I like watching basketball games on TV and I often play basketball at school! Lebron James? He's a champ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eugenio!Nadal and leBron James are 2 great champions

      Delete
    2. Thank you Eugenio! They are very strong in their sports

      Delete
  6. I can't play basketball, but I really like this sport. My father played basket when He was a teenager and he usually talk about it! As Eugenio said, Lebron James is a champion.. and he is absolutely one of the best basketballers in history😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also think Lebron James is one of the best basketballers in history

      Delete
  7. You've come a great post guys! I think these two sport are very exciting but unfortunately I can't play any of them😅 My favourite among them is basketball and I'd really like playing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post,guys.😍😍
    I love all sports.
    I sometimes play basketball at school with my classmate and we have fun.
    Instead,i usually play tennis to the sea with my grandfather,my father and my Brother.
    These are beautiful sports.🎾🏀

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job guys!😘 I don't follows basketball and tennis... But I think that Novak Djokovic is the Best tennis Player in the word! Before to See this post I didn't know LeBron James!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can play tennis table , is it ok ? Anyway I like very much basketball but I'm not so good at playing . I think your article it's very cool , I hope you'll do another good job next time !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post guys💪🏻
    I attended a tennis course when I was a child but I wasn't a good player🙈😅

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't like basketball but this post is very interesting ❤
    I love this post!?! Good job guys🖒🙄

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like watching tennis matches on tv, it's exciting! 😍But I can't play 😢and I'd like to learn. I saw Djokovic 's matches and I think he's the best tennis player at the moment.💪🏿

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done Luca and Alex!!! I don't like basketball , but I like tennis. In fact I would like to go to see a great tennis tournament like Wimbledon or Roland Garros in the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done Luca and Alex!!! I don't like basketball , but I like tennis. In fact I would like to go to see a great tennis tournament like Wimbledon or Roland Garros in the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like these sports but I can't practise them.I also like seeing basketball on TV and I think that LeBron James is the best player at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like these sports but I like tennis more than basketball... Good job Alex and Luca!👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't play basketball and tennis but I'd like play tennis! We something play basketball at school but I don't like it!😅

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I was young I watched basketball matches on Tv with my older brother! I think it is a very cool sport... But it isn't the kind of sport for me😅

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting post guys!!
    My father always plays tennis and I like playing with him����

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all sports!! I can't play basketball because there isn't a girls team in my city! But i sometimes play tennis����

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Eugenio and Lucrezia saying "When I was young". Do you mean you think you are old now, kids? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! thank you, everybody, for all your comments. This makes our blog truly interactive and this makes us all very proud and gratified.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tennis and basketball...these are two sport that I don't like because I've never practiced them. But your post is very interesting. Well done guys 🔝😊

    ReplyDelete