Sunday 4 December 2016

THE SIMPSONS


The Simpsons are a cult cartoon series popular all over the world. The Simpsons  were  created by cartoonist Matt Groening U.S. at the end of the 80s for the Fox Broadcasting Company. Set in a fictional town called Springfield, the show is humorous in many aspects of the human condition; it is a satirical parody of society and the American lifestyle epitomized by its protagonist family, which consists of Homer, Marge and their three children Bart, Lisa and Maggie.

                                         
 MAIN CHARACTERS:



                                                                 
Homer Simpson: he is the main character of the show and the spouse of Marge Simpson. He is overweight, lazy and often ignorant to the world around him. He spends a great deal of his time at Moe’s tavern with his friends Barney, Carl and Lenny.




Marge Simpson: she is the homemaker and full-time mom of the Simpson family. She and her husband Homer have three children: Bart,  Lisa and Maggie. Marge is the moralistic force in her family and she keeps everything in order in the Simpson household.


                                         
Bart Simpson: he is the tritagonist of The Simpson. He is the mischievous, rebellious, misunderstood and “potentially dangerous” eldest child of Homer and Marge. He also has the nickname Cosmo, after discovering a comet in “Bart’s Comet”.


Lisa Simpson: she is a charismatic 8-year-old girl who exceeds the standard achievement of intelligence level of children her age. She is also the moral center of her family.
                                                   

Maggie Simpson: she is the youngest child of Homer and Marge. She is often seen sucking on her pacifer and, when she walks, she trips over her clothing and falls on her face. Because she rarely ever talks, Maggie is the least seen and heard in the Simpson family.
                     

                                                     
THE SIMPSONS PREDICTIONS

The 9/11 attacks.  In a 1997 episode of The Simpsons, ‘The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson’, Lisa Simpson presents a 9 $ magazine entitled ‘New York’. Conspiracy theorists have suggested that the magazine’s peculiar design could’ve been a deliberate allusion to the 9/11 attacks that would take place four years later. Is it a coincidence or not?

 
                                                                   

The president Trump.  Almost 16 years ago the television series predicted Donald Trump’s victory as President of the United States of America. The cartoon foresee the billionaire’s ascension to becoming the US President in an episode called Bart To The Future that aired in 2000. This is crazy!



Ebola virus. The Simpsons predicted US Ebola outbreak in 1997: Episode shows Marge offering a sick Bart children's book 'Curious George and the Ebola Virus'. Coincidences?



The Simpsons House-Lego:

Recreate hilarious scenes from the classic animated TV series with The Simpsons  House. Taken right out of Springfield, this amazing model is crammed with tons of  LEGO  brick detail. The Simpsons  House is the perfect collector’s item for fans of all ages. Includes 6 minifigures: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie and Ned Flanders.



Our musings


Do you like The Simpsons? In our opinion , watching an episode of the Simpsons is very relaxing after a stressful school-day, isn’t it? We think it’s the perfect way to free your mind.
But it isn’t the classic cartoon. For example,  have you noticed that some silly things you laugh at  are important issues instead? In fact the purpose of this kind of cartoon is to tell important things in a lighter way. In two words: SMART SATIRE!
                       


Giada, Elisa, Alessandro, Rosita and Eugenio

47 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I love them and usually i watch them after school...i've watched them since i was a child😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too😍 They remind me of my childhood!

      Delete
  3. Very funny proto!😂😘 I agree with you, watching tHe Simpson is relaxing. Every day I watch an episode of the simpson while I lunch😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice! Yes,it's a ritual😂😍

      Delete
  4. Wowww😍 I really like "The simpsons".. I always watch them with my father!!
    My favourite character is absolutly Homer, because he is funny.. I love him😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does your father like "The SIMPSON"?
      That's astonishing!

      Delete
    2. Your father is the best,Benedetta!😂😍

      Delete
    3. I love your father!!😂😂😂

      Delete
  5. ⁩ I don't like this cartoon series so much, but I happened to see a few episodes from time to time because my cousin watches it every day. Even if I'm not a fan, I think Homer is the funniest character on the show😆

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute in that picture😂❤
    I like "The Simpson", I've watched that cartoon since I was 6! These "coincidences" are very disturbing... I noticed them too😱

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simpsonnnnn😍😍
    This post is very interesting i love The simpsons saga very good?!?🖒

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooooow I love Simpson!😍
    I watch them every day with my cousin,after school!
    My favourite character is Lisa,so in the photo I'm Lisa!😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the photo you are Maggie! I'm Lisa!😹

      Delete
    2. Giada you're a bit confused!😂

      Delete
    3. I think you prefer a bit more uomini e donne than the simpson ahahahahh

      Delete
  9. I love this cartoon series! Infact I watch it every day. I' ve watched it since I was child. It is relaxing and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done guys. I love them 😍. My favourite character is Homer because of his funny jokes☺😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Francesco! I agree with you:Homer is the best!

      Delete
  11. I love THE SIMPSON, it is my favourite cartoon series and i watch them every day. I see all their episodes, and I have their comics and their t-shirt. *-*

    ReplyDelete
  12. This photo is very nice.I have loved The Simpsons for several years because they are funny and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photo is a great idea. My favourite character is Homer because he is very funny and I love the donuts that he always eat🍩🔝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't doubt,GBT!😂🍩

      Delete
    2. Donuts are fantastic!!😍😍

      Delete
    3. I devour donuts!
      GBT, guess who' s my favourite character?😜

      Delete
  14. I watched "The Simpsons" everyday after school! It's so funny
    This post is very scaring and beautiful guys😉😨

    ReplyDelete
  15. I watched "The Simpsons" everyday after school! It's so funny
    This post is very scaring and beautiful guys😉😨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martina! Maybe you're right,the post is a little scaring!😰😂

      Delete
    2. You're right, Martina!
      This cartoon can be scaring and beautiful at the same time!

      Delete
  16. In your photo,You are very nice😂😂😁
    I love Simpsons,my favorite character is Maggie,because she is beautiful and nice baby👱❤

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've done an amazing job guys, I've seen Simpson since I was a child and I still watch it sometimes!😍 When I was a child I saw it with my dad because he loves cartoons event thought he is an adult.😅 Anyway I noticed the coincidences too and I think it's very odd!!😨

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Simpsons!😍
    I saw them when i was a child... My favourite
    Character is Lisa! She is very cute and kind!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woooow������ nice picture!
    I think the simpsons is a funny cartoon!
    When I watch it I laugh a lot!!

    ReplyDelete