Thursday 20 April 2017

THE HOBBIT


What could incredibley  brave warriors, who would do everything to reconquer their homeland, and  powerful wizard Gandalf need to bring their mission to a conclusion? Certainly, a hobbit could be a good choice!                                                                                                                                                                          

The journey of Bilbo Begging was unexpected! The tale started when thirteen dwarves knocked at the hobbit’s round door. That was the beginning of an extraordinary adventure created by J.K.K. Tolkien.
This is the story of how a Baggins went for an adventure and found himself doing and saying things altogether unexpected.



Gandalf, Thorin Oakenshield, Fili, Kili, Legolas and so on and so forth!
Every character has a story and the stories are intertwined. Bilbo and the dwarves are so different but at the same time very similar: Bilbo loves his comfortable hobbit house but, even though at first he doesn’t want to, he decides to help Gandalf’s friends return home. Bilbo Begging’s brave side was just waiting for a good reason to come out into the open! The Hobbit is not only courageous, he is extremely loyal
He retraces his steps, after having some afterthoughts about the expedition. Though he feels little esteemed by the fellowship of the dwarves, he keeps his promise. (Well! If he had got back home, he would never have found the One Ring!)



This is one of the most beautiful scenes!
Shortly before, Bilbo enters  a dark cave by chance while escaping from the Orcs. There he meets Gollum  and succeeds in stealing the One Ring from him. But Gollum doesn’t let Bilbo go away. The two challenge each other with riddles: if the hobbit succeeds in winning he will be allowed to leave the cave. Both are very astute and the challenge is so enthralling!
Enjoy it!



AND NOW…THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG!

If to fight against giant spiders, many horrible Orcs, the clever Elves… and Gollum was hard, Smaug is a nightmare! The Dragon guards the dwarves’ treasure inside  the Lonely Mountain.                                                            
Bilbo Bagging, hired as a burglar, has to find a way to enter  the mountain solving an enigma.  He has a fundamental role against the dragon. He faces it with astuteness, succeeding in taking the Arkenstone, a precious relic which belonged to Thorin’s grandfather.                                                                                                
Here is Erebor story!



Other characters come on stage in the second movie. Bard the Bowman is one of these. The story of his family is linked to Smaug. Bard will finally throw the arrow against the dragon killing him.


RETURN TO THE SHIRE

Every adventure, however extraordinary, must come to an end. Bilbo is deeply changed after all his (mis)adventures, not only thanks to the Ring found in Gollum’s cave, or because of Thorin’s death Bilbo, after getting back safely to the Shire with his reward, starts writing a story  about his adventures and his friends. That book will be read by Frodo in The Lord of the Rings.
Frodo, like Bilbo, is destined to do great things.  But if one of them – Bilbo -  finds the Ring, the other one – Frodo - will destroy it.

Anteprima

FEDERICA


9 comments:

  1. I love Tolkien's books and I've recently seen the Hobbit Saga!
    Well done Fede!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing about Thorin? He's my favourite character in THE HOBBIT ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Eugenio. I love Tolkien's books too

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post Federica❤️
    I love this saga! I saw all the movies and I also read the books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, don't kill me but I've never seen The Hobbit...Not because I don't like it but because I didn't have time. I'm sure I will see it because I like this genre!

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT'S ONE OF MY FAVOURITE STORY! I SAW THE FILM 300 TIMES AND I READ THE BOOK,TOO!
    TOLKIEN'S BOOKS HAVE SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND SPECIAL.
    THEY HAVE TO BE REALLY UNDERSTOOD AND MAYBE STUDIED: YOU CAN'T ONLY READ THEM AND FOLLOW THE STORY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never watched this saga but I love this genre and I love his sequel (The Lord of the Rings)...I'll watch it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ... a few words... I love this saga ... I love Bilbo ... and I love Tolkien's books !!😍😍😍 good job federica !!!

    ReplyDelete